Tuesday 15 April 2008

Spanish Ayes...

Afternoon all, I haven’t posted much over the last few days as I spent the weekend in Barcelona…yeah I know, I’m a cosmopolitan, windswept and interesting kinda guy.

As it happens I lived and worked in Barca (that’s what us locals call it) back in the day and had a great time. My job was on a building site and involved a lot of blagging on my part, think Auf Wiedersehen Pet, particularly when Neville was pretending to be a chippie, and you’ve got the idea.

Anyway, my weekend there was just as good as it always is (I’ve been a few times in the last six or seven years for various reasons) and I had a top time. Highlights included :-

Getting a lock in at a very local bar
Eating mountains of tapas
Visiting the hotel I built for the first time in fifteen years
Discovering I could still speak conversational Spanish (well, I can order a sandwich!)
And of course, necking copious amounts of Cerveza

Nothing much happened on the publishing front while I was away but I’m sure there’ll be developments soon.

In the meantime I'm thinking of scribbling a quirky travel book on my second favourite city – I might call it ‘Spanish Ayes...A weekend in the life of Julio Geordio’

Adios muchachos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I like sandwiches.!

Sdow

Anonymous said...

I had you down as more of a pie shop than a chippy and i've already grassed on you for making Rachael drink for 24hrs. Come on the Mackems!!!

Rivs said...

Rachael? Oh - you mean 'sicknote'

Fuck the makems - Owen, Viduka and Martins versus some Man Utd reserve and a shite scottish keeper...piece of piss.

Get me money ready.